I love reading Book Tags and have been waiting to do one. I found a Book Tag over at Ribbonrx’s blog and loved how it read like a poem that sort of tracks a life journey or a walk through identity.
I include only books I own and share why I chose them.
- Title that’s the story of your life – Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller
I’m always looking for the best way to live, the right way to live, the ethical way to live, the most meaningful way to live.
- Title that describes your perfect weekend – Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
Writing is my favourite thing to do. Writing something with substance is the best.
- Title of an adventure you’d like to go on – The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
This is quite a literal one. This book is very practical and gets you going on a creative journey. I always want my life to be a creative adventure.
- Title you want to name your child – Hope by Tim Costello
I struggled with this at first. I have very few books with names and even fewer with names I like. Then I realised I had this book. My name actually means hope and hope is one of my favourite qualities, so it worked out well.
- Title of your ideal job – On Writers and Writing by Margaret Atwood
My dream job is to be a full-time writer/author.
- Title of a place you’d like to visit – Through Pained Deserts by Donald Miller
Don went on a road-trip to find himself. Sounds great.
- Title of your love life – Faith by Tim Costello
Pretty much non-existent so if there is any love of my life, I’ll have to believe it by faith.
- Questions you ask yourself – Man’s Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl
Always looking for meaning.
- Title of a kingdom you want to rule OR name – One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
A kingdom that gives away gifts everyday – that sounds amazing.
- Title you’d name your band – The Broken Way by Ann Voskamp
A band that sings about their life journeys sharing the broken stuff and how it can be used for good. The broken stuff is powerful. In the brokenness we can be given.
- What is your current mood? – The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
Just trying to embrace myself as I am knowing I don’t have to be perfect to be useful.
- What is your favorite color? – Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
I was so glad I had a book with blue in the title because blue is my absolute favourite colour. Blue makes me happy.
- How do you feel about 2017 so far? – Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
Last year I had ups and downs with depression and anxiety. It got quite bad at the end of the year. I had to put in place some boundaries and now I feel much lighter, freer, happier.
- Where do you want to travel? – Scary Close by Donald Miller
I want to travel to the heart of people. I want to journey with them, get to know them, and connect deeply with them.
- What are your summer plans? – The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeust
This year I’m being very careful about what I say yes and no to. I can feel guilty for all the things I don’t do and for choosing the things I want to do. But I’m learning to say yes to the things that matter to me and give me delight.
- What are your 2017 goals? – Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Full of creativity and following my dreams and spending my days writing and creating.