Thank-you so much to Miriam for nominating me for the Liebster Award.
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers by bloggers in order to help one another gain a bigger audience.
My answers to the questions:
- How long have you been blogging?
I think I started blogging in 2012 but it’s been on again off again as I’ve tried to find a blogging style that works for me.
- How has God been working in your life this summer?
At the moment God is teaching me how to rest and simply enjoy him. I’m learning how to enjoy being me and enjoy being with God rather than filling up every second ‘doing’ something and doing what I ‘should’ (i.e. what other people want/expect me to do). Basically, I’m learning to balance my Martha nature with a Mary nature, and I’m trying to embrace myself as God created me.
- What is your deepest passion?
Wow, so many. The first thing that came to me was books and writing. I also love creativity and story-telling. Ultimately what these all have in common is expression and connection. I love it when people are just themselves and offer themselves to the world.
I’m passionate about storytelling and everyone knowing their worth and being themselves because that’s how we can best be gifts to others. It’s a journey I’m still walking through but one I believe in.
- Describe your dream vacation.
I’d love to go somewhere tropical like Bali, Fiji, or Hawaii where I can be in the sun and next to the water and enjoy stunning, sparkling views. I’d love to spend it reading and writing, dreaming and reflecting. A writer’s retreat would be amazing.
- If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
Again, not thinking too deeply, these are what came to me first:
An unlimited supply of books. I’d love to have my own library and bookshop in my house where people can come to a book wonderland.
People to always give each other grace, respect, and kindness – for everyone to always be considerate and seek to see things from other people’s eyes.
To be a bestselling author making a living off my writing and helping others to write.
- What is your greatest goal?
At the moment my greatest goal is to write and publish books that can encourage people in their journeys.
- Other than writing, what are your hobbies?
Definitely reading and creating. I also like to watch movies and listen to music. Singing and dancing is also fun.
- How did you come to know Jesus as your Savior?
I became a Christian when I was 14. I was in my room with my bible and I asked God why he died for me. I believed in him, I just couldn’t receive his gift because I didn’t want him to have to die for me. I felt him speak to me for the first time and he said, ‘If it wasn’t me on the cross it would be you.’ That’s when it hit me how much he loved me. I was filled with gratitude and I thought that if God could die for me then I could live for him. So I asked Jesus into my heart and asked him to help me live for him.
- What is your favorite book? Why?
Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. It felt like it was written for me. I love Don’s humour, insights, and vulnerability. He inspires me to write.
- If you could only write or only read, which would you pick?
So hard! I adore reading but I would go crazy if I couldn’t write. On that basis, I’d have to choose writing.
- What is the most random fact you can think of right now?
Oceanic crust will always subduct under continental crust because it is denser than continental crust. A random fact I learnt back when I studied geoscience. It came to me straight away because a friend was telling me she learnt this stuff in science recently and it brought back all these geoscience memories.
My questions for anyone who want to answer them:
- What country do you most want to visit and why?
- What is at the top of your bucket list?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What is a book that has changed your life?
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What is your ideal way to spend a day?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- What is your most vivid memory?
- What life advice would you give people?
- What made you start a blog?